Saturday, September 1, 2012

Quintessential Los Angeles

                                                            Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles CA   August 30, 2012 © Marissa Roth (taken w/my Droid)

My friend Carol Williams and I went to Dodger Stadium last night to watch the Dodgers play the Arizona Diamondbacks ~ they lost 4-3 ~ but it was great fun!  Looking out from Chavez Ravine at the San Gabriel Mountains to the northeast, they were purple as twilight gently settled in. Dodger Stadium is old L.A., for me, and going to a Dodger game a quintessential L.A. experience. My dad used to take me to games when I was a kid. I loved them. 

As I straddle the cusp of an enormous life transition ~ moving to Vancouver, B.C. in October ~ it was wonderful to just hang out, have a chocolate malted and a couple of Coronas, and then be wowed by fireworks as we walked to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment